Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flower Craze

This was done for the Monthly Sketch Project and the photo reference was taken by Jennifer Rose .

Okay so I was doing this painting and it felt very blah at first so I had a moment of temporary insanity and went slap happy with the brush. I had just got done watching 3 episodes back to back of American Idol ,since I got behind watching the Olympics and with the first version of this painting Simon was saying this,"This painting is so dull ,spice it up next time. " So I did, now I don't know if he'll like it or tell me it looks like his Grandmother's wallpaper. I kinda like it myself. 8" x 10" $100
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

I like it too! Nice work.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Yep - it works for me - so bright and colourful!