Saturday, March 28, 2009

Winter Blues

One of my favorite things to do is to watch the sparrows and finches at our bird feeder. Sometimes even a couple of doves will dine on the offerings. This watercolor for the March Virtual Sketch Date. I focused on just the one bird and added a little bit of snow and berries for color. This is the first time I have used hot press watercolor paper and I must say I love it.
Posted by Picasa


BMoon said...

Your sweet little birdy has food everywhere! Berries in the tree, and seeds in the feeder. The detail is exquisite.

Blade21292 said...

I love the close crop. nice interpretation. Good job!

Stacy said...

I like how you changed the composition. Yours is a definite improvement over the reference. And I like the lost and found wires (grid) on the feeder. It gives just enough detail.

Ann Gorbett said...

Hi Debbie:
I am a fan of your artwork and blog. As a result, you are on my list to receive the Passion for Painting award. No pressure to participate, just fun.

Kaushal Sapre said...

Hi Debbie,
Lovely detail. especially the tree behind the bird. Beautiful painting!

Debbie said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.
Ann- Wow,I don't know what to say except that I am honored and I will definitely pass on the award to my fellow artists. I still remember your sushi! Haven't had a chance to do my DSFDF seascape yet.